Monday, June 7, 2010

A Little History Behind Rockman Online

In a recent interview with Nikkei Trendy, Capcom's CEO Haruhiro Tsujimoto talked a little about Rockman Online's conception, among other topics of interest. Interestingly, it was developer NeoWiz who pitched the game to Capcom.

“The other party [Neowiz] requested to make an online game with Rockman (Mega Man internationally), we examined the project proposal and arrived at the conclusion it would be interesting to make.” [Siliconera]

Capcom, seeing Rockman Online as a viable project, gave it the green light. Tsujimoto also touched on the game's release schedule, stating it will hit the Korean market first, and then possibly branch off into Taiwan and China, two countries where PC MMOs are all the rage. A Japanese release is also being considered, but still no word on the rest of the world.

As noted on Siliconera, NeoWiz does have a North American based subsidiary, so that should certainly help the game's chances of being released here.

Full interview at Andriasang.

5 comments:

  1. The Oblivious PrattlerJune 7, 2010 at 6:29 PM

    I want this. I would definitely play it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rockman X Online makes interesting news since it's such an unprecedented move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts so far:
    Pros:
    Has my favorite character (Move or game), RockMan X.
    Is my favorite kind of game genre, MMO.

    Cons:
    Don't know too much about it...

    I like Multiplayer games. I like playing with other people. I also like fighting against other people, because computers are more predictable then someone you've never met. Hopefully this won't be like most MMOs, which it probably might, where gear is everything, and no skill is required.
    I like games like Monster Hunter because it is based towards playing with other people, and your armor helps, but doesn't do squat if you can hit the right areas or evade the monsters attack.

    So.. The way I want this might be hard to do for an MMO.. Something like the classic Rockman style, but 3D. When I say 'Classic Rockman style' I mean not like X Command Mission, which I did like, but it was easy compared to, say, X1-6.

    ... Yeah, this turned out longer then I intended... xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anybody ever needs Korean translations, call me. I live in the damn country.

    In my opinion, the game's going to be kinda lackluster for an MMO, personally.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly. Disparaging, belittling and derogatory comments are not permitted.